WHAT IS A PRIVATE JET LEASE?
February 1, 2021
How Private Jet Leases Work
Private jet leases are designed for travelers who:
- Anticipate flying 50 or more hours per year
- Require a greater degree of flexibility in their travel plans
- Wish to avoid a large capital deployment
Leasing provides access to many different aircraft types and sizes. And your experience will be one step closer to whole aircraft ownership than your charter experience will. Some additional benefits:
- No upfront cost of owning an asset
- No exposure of depreciation risks.
While you can classify your private aviation leases as a “travel expense” for tax purposes, you cannot designate it as an “asset” like whole and fractional aircraft owners can. But seek your tax advisor for advice.
For more on leasing with Flexjet, visit this page.
More on Private Jet Charter versus Leasing: