Flexjet Plans Southern Hospitality for Its Aircraft Owners Flying to The Masters
April 6, 2023
- Flexjet Created an Exclusive, Elevated Experience at its Pop-Up Private Terminal Situated Next to the Augusta Regional Airport FBO
- Tours of Flexjet’s Praetor 600 and Sikorsky S-76 Will be Offered at Ramp Showcase
CLEVELAND, April 6, 2023 – Flexjet, Inc., a global leader in subscription-based private aviation, will offer a welcoming dose of southern hospitality to its Owners visiting this year’s edition of The Masters Tournament, one of the world’s four major golf championships. Flexjet will provide its Owners a VIP experience with a standalone, truly exclusive, and elevated experience at its pop-up private terminal next to the Augusta Regional Airport FBO during the tournament, held April 6-9 at Georgia’s Augusta National Golf Club.
“The Masters has always been our busiest event-driven generator of travel, exceeding even the Super Bowl and the Kentucky Derby. Many of our aircraft Owners play golf and have a deep connection to the sport, and nothing else lends itself to both corporate entertaining and leisure travel. With Augusta a three-hour drive from the nearest major commercial airline hub, private jets are an efficient way to travel to the tournament,” said D.J. Hanlon, Flexjet’s Executive Vice President of Sales. “We will provide a deeply personalized experience reflecting southern hospitality, so they have seamless and luxurious travel from home to Augusta National and back again.”
Flexjet will offer its Owners an array of luxurious amenities and services during The Masters:
- Flexjet is customizing an entire building near the fixed base operator at Augusta Regional Airport (ICAO: KAGS) to replicate the Flexjet Private Terminals located at strategic locations throughout the U.S. All Flexjet aircraft will be parked immediately outside this building, making even the ramp exclusive to Flexjet aircraft Owners.
- A Showcase of the Flexjet Praetor 600 aircraft and a Sikorsky S-76 helicopter, the flagship of Flexjet’s new private helicopter division, will be on display at the airport. Flexjet Owners are using the helicopters for last-mile travel from airports to their final destinations and for regional travel to sports, entertainment, and other venues.
- The Augusta Flexjet private terminal will provide Owners with a lounge in which to relax before and after their flights, one so restful that they will be welcome to spend as much time as they wish on the premises, enjoying the refreshments provided by an attentive staff dedicated to offering the premier levels of service that travelers have come to expect of Flexjet.
- Vintages from Hamel Family Wines, a family-owned, organic winery in Sonoma and a Flexjet partner, along with other refreshments will be available to Owners on both their arrival and departure.
- A variety of Flexjet-customized gifts and keepsakes will be available, including golf totes, golf balls, branded golf club sleeves, hats, and sunglasses.
- A full complement of Flexjet team members will be on site to manage every need that arises, from Operations to Maintenance to Owner Services.
“With the growth in travel the past few years, everyone is expecting crowded lobbies and packed ramps at the airport. Our private terminal will be positioned to greet our Owners with an effortless experience upon arrival, provide an enjoyable and memorable time while they are in Augusta and ensure smooth logistics for their departure despite the anticipated crowds,” said Hanlon.
Flexjet, Inc., a global leader in subscription-based private aviation, first entered the fractional jet ownership market in 1995. Flexjet offers fractional jet ownership and leasing and is the first in the world to be recognized as achieving the Air Charter Safety Foundation’s Industry Audit Standard, is the first and only company to be honored with 24 FAA Diamond Awards for Excellence, upholds an ARG/US Platinum Safety Rating, a 4AIR Bronze Sustainable Rating and is IS-BAO compliant at Level 2. Red Label by Flexjet, a market differentiator, which features the most modern fleet in the industry, flight crews dedicated to a single aircraft and the LXi Cabin Collection of interiors. To date there are more than 40 different interior designs across its fleet, which includes the Embraer Phenom 300 and Praetor 500, Bombardier Challenger 350, the Gulfstream G450 and G650. Flexjet’s European fleet includes the Embraer Praetor 600 and the Gulfstream G650. Flexjet’s helicopter division sells fractional, lease, and on-demand charter access to its fleet of owned, operated and maintained Sikorsky S-76 helicopters which boast 55,000 hours of safe flying certified by Wyvern and ARG/US and serving locations throughout the northeastern United States, United Kingdom, and southern Florida. Flexjet is a member of the Directional Aviation family of companies. For more details on innovative programs and flexible offerings, visit www.flexjet.com or follow us on Instagram @FlexjetInc.